Wise people say that vision is the art of seeing things that others can’t see. Well, science says it’s simply the ability of a person to see objects clearly. God has blessed us with amazing bodies, minds, and 5 senses which we can’t thank enough for every day.
The sense of sight is a blessing that seems to be the foundation of enjoying a complete life. Being able to see and admire the world, see before touching the beauty of nature, and literally do anything in everyday life is because of the sense of sight. But like other human body parts, it gets diseases, suffers injuries, and faces infections. In such circumstances, we need to see an ophthalmologist who prescribes us certain drugs so that our eyes don’t feel itchy, watery, or uncomfortable again.
Compliance with the ophthalmologic medication appears to be the main reason behind a certain poor prognosis. Eye drops are the most frequent mode of administration of drugs in ophthalmology. So we always want to make sure that patient gets their medication in time and proper way.
Eye drop Schedule sheet
For this hospitals and clinics have eye drop schedule sheets that are sometimes shared with the patients. This sheet is, however, more frequently and preferably used in the hospital setup when the patient is admitted to the hospital.
This mostly happens when a patient has to undergo eye surgery and has to be prepared for the surgery. It is also used after the surgery has been performed.
We will look into the details of the eye drop schedule sheet used in the hospital as well as for the post-operative patient going home and having to come back for a follow-up.
- Like all other medical forms, maintaining the identity of the patient is a mandatory step. We need to be sure we are addressing the right patient with the right illness and the right eye. Or else we are going to be the disability and problem caused to the patient. Always mention the full name, age, gender, and main diagnosis of the patient at the top of the schedule sheet.
- The second most important thing is that we have mentioned the right side of the eye to be operated on or treated with eye drops. I have been saying this repeatedly because certain drugs are used to dilate the pupil before surgery. So we need to be sure we are manipulating the right eye and have mentioned the same for the staff coming after our shift.
- Some columns and rows are seen on the sheet then which is for the date, time, and days of the week when medicines are to be administered.
- For example, the one who fills the sheet has to mention the name of the eye drops with included drugs and their concentration. Then they write the recommended number of drops and also the number of times the drops are to be administered.
- When we are done with a dose, we ideally mark the box which indicates that eye drops have been given.
- Request Letter to Doctor for Appointment
- Doctor Workplace ID Card Templates
- Doctor Prescription Pads
- Doctor’s Note to Work from Home due to Pregnancy
- Mental Health Excuse Note from Doctor
- Letter of Doctor Authorizing Release of Medical Records
- Loss of an Unborn Child Words of Sympathy
- Miscarriage Message to Colleagues
- Fake Miscarriage Doctor Note
- Excuse Letter for Loose Motion and Vomiting