Birth control is an already emerged issue that especially took its origin in the late 80s. The exponentially increasing population of the world has forced wise people and organizations to bring about awareness about fertility control or birth control.
Rhythm method for fertility control is hundred percent natural way of birth control. Women have been using this method for years now and are feeling more comfortable than any other way of preventing pregnancy. A purely non-pharmaceutical method of birth control is ideal for women who are concerned about their weight gain and other hormonal complications. Following a rhythm method for birth control is also an effective way by which a woman knows better about her body and its changes. She has a better insight into her menstrual as well as reproductive cycle.
How does the rhythm method function as a birth control method?
Rhythm simply tracks down the menstrual cycle of a female. Ovulation occurs 14 days before menstruation starts. The period around ovulation is the time when a couple has to refrain from unprotected sex. If precautions aren’t taken, there are high chances of a female getting pregnant.
If protected sex is practiced or the couple does not have sex during the ovulation period, pregnancy is not likely to occur. This is the simple rule of birth control using the information of the female reproductive cycle. Women around the world find it convenient to use the rhythm method for birth control. It also helps in tracking down the menstrual cycle of these females.
Rhythm method fertility chart
- A rhythm method fertility chart may appear very complicated in the beginning. But once its interpretation is explained, it becomes very easy to understand. Maintaining a chart has its own added advantages.
- A rhythm method fertility chart uses three basic indicators that a woman is ovulating. One is the basal body temperature chart, the other is the thickness of cervical mucus and the third one is the calendar method in which the record is maintained and used for the next cycle.
- In the fertility chart, all the days of the cycle are given a separate column. The date of the month, day of the week of menstruation, and day of intercourse are marked in the relevant column.
- This particular fertility chart also contains tracking ovulation through basal body temperature. Basal body temperature is usually high at and around the time of ovulation. For calculating the exact time of ovulation, a woman has to take her body temperature every day, first thing in the morning. She has to mark the days when her basal body temperature is higher than usual. During this period, she has to avoid unprotected sex in order to avoid pregnancy.
- The last thing in the rhythm method fertility chart is the thickness of cervical mucus. Cervical mucus changes its consistency throughout the menstrual cycle. It becomes comparatively less mucus and gets thinner in consistency during the ovulation period to make the passage of sperm easy. This method of fertility control is highly subjective, and a woman has to be very careful while making an opinion.