Pregnancy is the most difficult time for a mother because, in addition to carrying and nurturing a child, she has to ensure the safety and well-being of the child as well. It is not an easier process and for some women, it is more difficult than usual due to different factors such as age, hormonal imbalances, PCOS, and other related issues.
To cater to the consequences of high-risk pregnancies, healthcare providers use different methods to keep themselves informed at all times so that actions can be taken before things go out of hand. A baby kick monitor tracker is one such tool, used for recording the kicks of a fetus in the womb over a definite period of time, usually 24 hours. This tracker is used by expecting mothers to keep a record of the fetus’s kicks during crucial days and also inform care providers in case of an emergency.
In addition to monitoring the kicks of the fetus, this tracker also monitors heart rate, breathing, and related phenomenon. All these efforts are made to keep fetuses safe and necessary precautions can be administered in case of rough situations.
The tracker is used to ensure that the fetus’s mobility is fine and there is nothing to worry about. If the number of kicks is not up to mark then it can be something serious. Often, fetuses stay immobile for more than 1 day which is normal but more days can indicate something serious. Using a tracker keeps others conscious about every kick so that it can be recorded and data can be submitted to the care provider.
There are various types of kick counter trackers available in the market and are chosen based on the following factors,
- Easy to control
Some of the easily available trackers are mentioned below,
- Counter tracker: it is a handheld device and is majorly like a counter with a push button. It is used by the mother to push a button whenever the fetus Kick in the womb. It can be set on a timer for 24 hours and at the end it gives a total number of counts to evaluate the condition of the fetus.
- Digital tracker: digital trackers are enabled electronically to record data after these trackers are wrapped around the belly and capture kicks of the fetus. These devices are made to gather information about fetus movements and transfer data to health care providers as well.
Significance of the counter
The importance of a baby kick counter is known by expecting mothers and gynecologists because they want to keep the fetus safe and sound inside the womb. Some of the significant contributions of the kick counter are mentioned below,
- It helps mothers to know about the kicks of the fetus and make sure that child is fine.
- It helps doctors to devise a medication plan for patients based on the results of the kick counter.
- Keep parents informed about the mobility of their child.
- Manual kick counters are cheap and can be used by everyone because of their user-friendly feature thus, helping parents to choose the best medical care.