Dismissing a patient is a real challenge for every physician. However, oftentimes it becomes inevitable to dismiss a patient. Although there is a very common method to dismiss a patient used by different doctors, doctors must know about individualization because every patient’s case is different. For example, if a patient is suffering from a chronic disease that needs regular treatment, the doctor cannot dismiss the patient and leave giving treatment until the patient finds a suitable doctor.
Why physician dismiss a patient’s letter is written?
As a matter of fact, there are many reasons why physician chooses to dismiss the patient. Many times, the physician takes this decision because the patient does not show a responsible attitude and wastes the time of the doctor. In this situation, the physician decides to abandon the patient. The patient is also dismissed when the patient does not follow the instructions of the physicians and tends to be more rigid in terms of how he should be treated. Such patients are very annoying and physicians usually end up terminating or dismissing them.
Things to remember while writing a physician dismissal letter:
Although a physician has a right to dismiss the patient when he is not comfortable giving him treatment, there are certain things that a doctor is also required to take into consideration before writing this letter. We are going to discuss a few of them:
- The patient should be provided with a reasonable time in which he can find a new physician. For this, it is the responsibility of the physician to show his intent to the patient before withdrawing so that the patient does not get a gap in his treatment.
- There are situations where the physician hastily takes the decision to dismiss the patient and loses a patient without any solid reason. In such situations, the doctor should consider the whole situation and then take this decision.
- The doctor must provide an offer to the patient to get the treatment until he finds a new physician for himself.
Subject: Dismissal of Mr./Mrs./Ms.
I would like to write this letter to notify you that I will not be able to provide you with my services as a physician because you have not been showing up for the scheduled appointments which are causing inconvenience to me. I will no longer be available to you from the 1st of next month. However, if you need time to find another physician, I can give you some time for this and provide you with my services until to meet your next physician.
I am ready to transfer your medical record from my office to another physician’s office. An authorization letter is also attached to this letter according to which, any physician is allowed to take your case and treat you.
In case you need any assistance in terms of contacting local physicians that you find suitable for you, I am ready to lend you my support.
With warm regards,
- Bed Rest Leave Application for Office
- Maternity Leave Extension Letter for Baby Care
- Maternity Leave Expenses Disbursement Letter
- Pregnancy Bed Rest Letter from Doctor
- Doctor Recommendation Letter for Bed Rest
- Doctor’s Note to Work from Home
- Termination Letter for Extended Pregnancy Leave
- Termination Letter for Fake Pregnancy Application
- Early Maternity Leave Letter
- Pregnancy Announcement Letter at the Workplace