A patient discharge form includes all the details relating to a patient’s history during his/her course of stay at the hospital. The discharge form can be used as a proof in your working area to show that you were ill so were unable to attend the office.
A discharge form contains information, diagnosis, treatment and medication record of the patient. Sometimes it is also called a patient discharge slip. It also acts a proof that you have been treated for a certain period.
What does the discharge form have?
The discharge form enlists the following details of a patient:
- Diagnosis: During a patient’s course of hospitalization different diagnostic studies are carried. These studies help doctors reach the conclusion that what happened to the patient.
- Treatment: In the light of diagnosis, what treatments were carried out are mentioned.
- Surgeries: Surgeries are mentioned if any kind of surgery is performed.
- Result: The result of different treatments given and surgeries (if any) is mentioned therein.
- Consultation notes: The discharge form includes any consultation notes of a doctor who may have visited you during hospitalization.
- Medicines: The discharge form will include medication prescribed by the doctor to follow up.
- Date: Date of discharge is also mentioned.
Without the discharge form, no patient can leave the hospital. Every single patient is required to clear off his/her hospital dues to get discharged. The hospital authorities have a right to cancel discharge if some one’s dues are not cleared.
A copy of the discharge form is also kept by the hospital for either reference purpose or record keeping. Apart from the above-mentioned details the discharge form also includes the full address of the hospital with contact details. This is needed for verification purpose either by offices or schools. A person’s reason for admission to the hospital is also stated.
Stamp of the medical officer is also present on the form.
If God Forbid a person at a later stage in life experiences the same issues he or she can present this form by which the doctor will be able to get an understanding of the patient’s history and guide him in the right manner.