Menstruation is the process of periodic blood flow in a female reproductive tract. Menarche is the age at which a female gets her menstruation for the very first time. Generally, it means the ova of the females are now mature and ready for fertilization.
The menstrual cycle basically shows a cyclical process of hormonal changes that result in changes in the female reproductive tract especially the uterus which sloughs off its topmost layer and appears to as menstruation.
Menstruation comes every month roughly 25th to 35th day of the cycle in a normal girl. The average age of menarche is from 12 to 16 years but this again depends upon the genetic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
Uses of menstrual cycle tracker
The menstrual cycle tracker does not aim to just keep counting the days. It is really helpful in a number of very important ways. Some of the reasons or uses of menstruation cycle tracker are as follows
- It helps a female to keep track of her bodily changes and lets the woman have control of her routine.
- By tracking your menstrual cycle, you will know the regularity, flow, and other features associated with it. As I said, it gives a better idea of your body.
- Plus, you can avoid the uninvited menstruation blots on your clothes and avoid the embarrassment of not being prepared on time.
- You will be able to know the time of ovulation once you have known the nature of the
menstrualcycle. Ovulation occurs exactly 14 days before menstruation and it is the time you know you are fertile.
- The time of ovulation is used either for contraception or for conceiving. If you are trying to conceive, it tells you now is the time for making the baby.
- At the same
time,if you are trying to avoid pregnancy, the ovulatoryperiod is when you have to avoid unprotected intercourse.
- Keeping track of your menstrual cycle and nature of flow along with other menstrual symptoms helps in the diagnosis of underlying hormonal changes or disorders. Most important is the polycystic ovarian disease. A female of a fertile age group and yet not conceiving for ages with menstrual irregularities
isinvestigated and diagnosed based on her menstrual history.
- Similarly, the fibroid uterus is also first suspected on the basis of heavy and irregular menstrual bleeding.
Menstrual cycle tracker
- A menstruation cycle tracker is more like a calendar. You are provided with all the days of the month just like a calendar. You just need to mark the days when you are menstruating. Also, mark the days of your ovulation if you have an ovulation kit available. Even if you don’t have a kit available, you can know the days of your ovulation just by following three or four cycles.
- At the end of each month, you can add your comments on your associated symptoms like dysmenorrhea, nausea, etc.
- If your cycle is irregular for three consecutive cycles, you must consult the doctor immediately.