Urology is a field of medical sciences which deals with the management of the renal system. It includes a number of organs like kidney, ureter, bladder, and urethra along with other supportive organs, hormones, and systems. The field of urology deals with all the problems associated with your kidney, ureter, and bladder.
You always go to a urologist if you feel a pain in the lower abdomen or your flanks along with dysuria, hematuria, or any other symptoms. We also try to seek the help of a urologist if we face some problems to our kidney functions in many forms.
Visiting urologists need a slightly different type of documentation and booking of a visit is of utmost importance. This helps in the data entry and use of that data in subsequent visits which helps a lot in the understanding of the disease and its course over time.
To save time and energy on the part of the patient and the hospital, urology encounter forms are formulated and are present in almost all the urology hospitals or every other hospital where a urologist is available.
What is a urology encounter form?
Urology encounter form is also termed is the urology registration form. It is filled at the time of the first visit and contains all the information that is needed by the hospital or the specialist in any form.
Details of urology encounter form
- Urology encounter or registration form begins with the usual information about the patient in which his name, age, sex, date of birth, place, residential address and other contact details are asked and noted down. Some hospitals need to know the insurance details of the patient as well in case some companies are covering for the medical expenses. Emergency contact details are also inquired and are kept as a record in case of follow up or emergency communication is required.
- Date of appointment and its time is also mentioned at the top of the form so that no confusions are left behind. Reason for each appointment is also mentioned.
- Name of the primary physician with his qualifications and license number is mentioned in the encounter form. Sometimes, his address and contact details are also required. Otherwise, work address and contact details are definitely mentioned in the form.
- In the subsequent sections of the urology encounter form, the history of the patient is noted down. Past medical and surgical history, history or medications, drug and allergy history, history of transfusion, family history, history of previous lab investigations and imaging is also mentioned in the form.
- History of presenting illness is asked in details every time the patient comes for a visit. His complaints regarding renal systems are elaborated and mentioned in the form. Urinary symptoms are also inquired. The patient is asked if he suffered from urinary incontinence, retention, incomplete emptying, dysuria, hematuria, urinary urgency, nocturia or any other details the patient wants to add in that.
- Since the urinary system is directly affecting the quality of life, the intensity of symptoms is appropriately assessed and his quality of life is graded accordingly.