Who is a baby sitter??
A person (male or female) who temporarily takes care of your
child is commonly termed as a baby sitter. Baby sitter can be of any age and is
paid for taking care of your child for a couple of hours. A baby sitter is also
hired on regular basis or may be for a full time job depending upon your
Benefits of Baby sitting
- Babysitting is very beneficial for the working
mothers who are eager to pursue their careers and want their little angels to
get proper attention as well.
- It allows a woman some me-time and one can go
shopping, groceries, and official gatherings without being worried about the
baby’s sleep, diaper and feed.
- It gives some moments of sanity to the mommy so
that she can rewire her mind and body to get ready for another round of
sleepless nights and life hustle.
- It allows couple to spend some quality time
together which was long lost since the arrival of a new member in their family.
- Some families hire properly trained baby sitters
to train their child about the basic manners whether eating, talking or general
Importance of Baby-sitting sheet
A baby-sitting sheet is filled by the parents and submitted to the baby sitter especially if she is baby-sitting your kids for the first time and for only a couple of hours. She needs to know all the necessary information that can be helpful to her while taking care of babies.
Information required in a baby-sitting sheet
- Name of the parents, their contact numbers and the addresses of their workplaces in case of any emergency is very important and you must not forget to fill out this part of the sheet. She needs to know who is she going to contact first when required and how can she reach that primary contact.
- Names of the children, age of each child is also important to mention.
- Since you have requested your baby-sitter to cover you up for a couple of hours, you have to mention the starting date and time and commit to the ending time in the sheet of a document so that it can be used as a proof of your agreement and settling the final payment to the baby-sitter.
- Also, do mention your location while you are away for that specific period of time, or stay in contact.
- Write down if any of your child/ren is allergic to some food. Clearly mention that food item and what type of allergic reaction baby may show and how to cope up with that situation.
- Mention their favorite snack, their bedtime and their activities where she can engage your kids.
- In the end, write down any emergency contact numbers in case you are out of reach of the baby-sitter. you can also write down the name of your doctor, his contact number and address where the nanny can go if the baby needs any emergency attention and parents can’t be reached anyway.