A home is the safest place that provides protection, shelter, and escapes from the negativities of the society and the environment. One should always ensure that his home is safe for everyone living in.
Many homes are seemingly safe but they have many hidden hazards that could be extremely dangerous for everyone. Such homes are not considered to be safe in which proper measures for ensuring safety are not taken.
What is home safety checklist?
A home safety checklist is a document that contains a list of steps to be taken in order to safeguard the home in case of an emergency such as fire, earth quack, short circuit, etc. This list ensures that the person living in the house will remain safe from the common injuries.
What are the key components of the checklist?
The home safety checklist may contain different items to ensure the safety of the home since everyone has different preferences when it comes to making the home a safe place. However, there are few details which are common to every checklist which are:
- The emergency phone numbers of the fire brigade, doctor, ambulance, police, etc.
- Ensure that the house number is visible to everyone who comes to visit the house in case of emergency
- Make sure you have a telephone in your house other than mobile phones. You can use the telephone in case your mobile phone does not have credit on your phone or your phone is not charged.
- Install different detectors in your home that can detect smoke, carbon monoxide, leakage of methane gas, burglar alarm, etc.
- Ensure that the exit door or stairs are free from any obstacle.
- Check to inspect your furnaces, electrical appliances
There are lots of other tasks that you can add to your checklist for safety purpose. The purpose of adding the safety steps into the safety checklist is to remind yourself that you are taking the necessary steps to ensure safety. If you rent out your home to someone, you can hand over this safety checklist to him for his safety.
The items of the safety checklist may also change for people living in the house. For example, children and old age people need more attention and case. The safety measures to keep them safe are also different. If your kids and old people in your home, you can design a separate checklist for them too.
What are the benefits of using home safety checklist?
A home safety checklist is a type of healthy reminder that reminds the person about the safety measures he should take. This checklist contains a checkbox, after taking every safety measure, you can check the box.
For those people who don’t know which steps should be taken to ensure the safety can use this checklist, a safety checklist template has been designed. They can download the template and use it either online or after printing it on the paper. They can paste this list on the doors or walls.