Health care is the basic right of every individual residing on the planet earth. People belong to different backgrounds, different ethnic and racial groups, different cultural and religious beliefs and an entirely different world sometimes. None of these things change the fact that healthcare is the right of each and every individual.
Then there are some people who are unable to reach the healthcare facilities or healthcare centers on their own. Again, such people are still entitled to the health facilities and better living standard with respect to health. Such individuals have the option to avail the home healthcare facility.
What is home healthcare?
By home healthcare, we mean that a deserving individual receives all the services that come under the definition of healthcare, sitting in his own place. Some people are bed-ridden due to injury or aging or any other reason. They do need health care from a professional but are unable to go to the hospital every day for basic things. In such situation, home healthcare services have been introduced and a number of hospitals offer this service if the applicant falls in their policies and criterion.
Who is entitled for home healthcare services?
As stated earlier, a person who is injured, bed ridden, aged and unable to receive healthcare services in the hospital is entitled for the home healthcare services.
What are the expenses of home healthcare services?
Home healthcare services are usually very expensive. Since, the health care skillful person comes in person to provide you and assist you in maintaining a healthy life standard in a professional way, they usually charge you a lot for all these services. However, these services are equally effective and professional as the services in hospitals.
What services come under the home healthcare services?
A number of health care professional services are provided under the umbrella of home healthcare services. Some of the most common and frequently availed services are;
- Skilled nursing care which can be intermittent nursing care or a part-time nursing care
- Services by a physiotherapist offering physiotherapy at home
- Occupational therapy services also come under the home healthcare services
- Speech and language therapy services in which people are treated for their speech and language issues at home
- Medical services are also provided as home healthcare services
- Social services for the people with special needs
- People with special needs may also need home aide services in which they are assisted in personal care and hands-on care by the health care providers at home.
Home healthcare log
The kind of services we are going to discuss here in this home healthcare log is the personal hands on care services provided at home.
- This log begins with the name of the client and the employee who has been given the task of this home healthcare service.
- Personal care services include housekeeping, dusting, vacuuming, laundry and bathing, showering and grooming.
- All the above mentioned services are marked every day in the log which is then calculated at the end of the week.