Home health service is an old concept in which almost all the healthcare services are provided in the home of the patient. At times, it happens that the patient cannot go to the hospital for the consultation on a regular basis. There is a number of situations in which a patient is unable to come to visit his hospital every now and then.
Common reasons for in home caregiver services
In-home health care service is the concept that comes to the rescue in such situations. Some of the examples in which in home health care services can be required can be listed here
An accident which led to the disability of the patient for a longer period of time may require the need for in-home caregiver services. A chronically ill patient usually suffering from brain pathology leading to a permanent disability of mind and body may need in-home services too. Sometimes, patients need a personal hand on assistance from the in-home service providers.
Services offered in the name of in home caregiver
An in-home caregiver is a professional who is able to provide a number of services related to healthcare as well as personal care. People hire in-home caregiver which can be a nurse, a physiotherapist, a speech therapist and a social therapist as well. All these services are provided to the people who fall under the criteria of in-home services. They can help you in personal care like washing hands and face, shower and even personal grooming.
Expenses of in home services
In-home caregivers are usually quite expensive. Not everyone is in the position to afford them. But those who can afford them know well that the quality of service they provide is as effective and professional as one receives in the hospital.
In-home caregiver timesheet
- An in-home caregiver time sheet is basically a way to record the caregiver when he comes and takes off. This timesheet is very important because it enables the employer to know the total working hours of the caregiver.
- A proper time sheet is important to maintain especially if the caregiver is paid on an hourly basis. Many in-home caregivers are paid on an hourly basis which sometimes makes it difficult for the employer to keep a mental record of the services.
- When a proper time sheet is maintained, this helps in knowing the exact time in and time out of the caregiver. This type of time sheet is filled on a weekly basis and total numbers of hours are calculated at the end of the week.
- At the end of the week, an employer can pay his caregiver for his hours he provided his services all week. Payment is although entirely dependent on the mutual agreement between the caregiver and the employer.
- Time in and time out sheet is also utilized by the caregiver providing agencies. Mostly, hospitals provide the in-home caregiver services and they also keep a record of time and time out of the caregiver.