Physical fitness is the idea that has been prevalent since the origin of humankind. It is a state of physical health and wellbeing of a person by which he is able to perform his daily routine as well as special activities requiring high energy levels and endurance.
Physical fitness being the aim and source of happiness and well-being of a person’s life is one of the most hyped topics. On one hand, it is something that is achieved for a better living and healthy mind. And on the other hand, people who are professionally into the field of sports need to be physically fit for their profession is fed upon this. Their whole career is based upon their physical fitness.
Athletes strive really hard to attain the level of fitness required for their particular field of sports. They have to keep a specific energy level and increase their stamina to perform well in the field.
Athlete physical form
An athlete physical form is filled basically to assess the level of his physical fitness. Athletes always have to undergo a series of examinations and evaluations which determine whether he is capable of the specific sports or not. An athlete physical form is filled by the physician who examines the sportsman. It needs to be an elaborate and detailed examination form and the doctor needs to be extra vigilant before declaring the athlete as physically fit and perfect for sports. The whole career of the sportsman is at times at the stake of this form.
Description of an athlete physical form
- An athlete physical form starts with the introduction of the applying athlete. In this section, name, age, sex, date of birth is mentioned. The doctor also mentions the sports in which he is playing or is going to participate in. Address of the athlete along with the name of two guardians is also required in such type of forms.
- Medical and surgical history of an athlete is very important because they determine the possible outcome of his performance in the sports field. The athlete is inquired about any recent or old injuries to his limbs or any other part of the body and the consequences of this injury. He is also asked about the history of any hospitalization or serious surgeries at the hospital.
- Past medical history includes the history of past medications, drugs, allergies, and blood transfusions. Vaccination status is also included in this section. History of asthma or seizures is also one of the main concerns of the physician.
- Last and most important part of the athlete physical form is the physical examination and evaluation of the aspirant. His weight and height are properly measured and noted down. His physical features, general appearance and built is also mentioned in this section. After a general examination, the systemic examination is carried out and the final remarks are mentioned at the end of the form.
- The physician has to mention whether he approves this person as an athlete or rejects on certain reasons which he needs to mention.