A baby feeding and diaper chart is a tool for recording all feedings and diaper changes of a baby. These charts are maintained by babysitters, who are in charge of babies in the absence of their parents. These documents are maintained to ensure that the baby is taking enough nutrition through and feeding.
Diaper changes reflect the digestive conditions of a baby because more diaper changes indicate loose motions or diarrhea whereas fewer changes point out constipation. These charts prepare parents for upcoming situations because if any above-mentioned conditions last for many days then the baby needs a consult from specialists.
Feeding and diaper charts also help babysitters to share crucial information about the babies so that they do not miss anything. A change in formula milk or any other factor can affect a baby’s feeding therefore, it is necessary to observe patterns of feeding behavior.
Components of the form
A baby feeding and diaper chart is a simple document that is mostly devised by the babysitter to record everything but it can be put together by parents as well so that they include all categories that they want to know about.
This chart is composed of 2 or more columns where each column represents a category and information is added on regular basis. It can span for a designated period of time depending on the preferences of parents or babysitters. This document can be maintained for a week or month or several months as well.
The following information is usually provided through the feeding and diaper chart,
- Date and day: following a specific month, the date, and day of the record-keeping are mentioned before every entry to make sure that data is authentic.
- Feedings: number of feeding is calculated at the end of the day and is entered in the chart within its designated column.
- Feeding time: time of each feeding is entered to make sure that the baby is not overfed or starved depending on the time duration between two feedings
- Quantity: quantity of each feed is entered because babies’ feed quantity is based on their age.
- Diaper changes: number of diaper changes is entered after calculating every diaper change of the day. It helps parents to compare results with the previous day.
- Diaper change time: time of each diaper change is recorded to make sure that the baby’s digestive is working in good condition.
Importance of using the form
Baby feeding and diaper charts have helped many parents as well as babysitters for the following reasons,
- These charts can be presented to the specialists for the baby’s monthly checkup to make sure everything is fine.
- These records can be kept safe by the parents for a memorable cause.
- These charts ensure that baby is taking enough feed based on their age and weight.
- Diaper change recordings help to ensure that their food is digested properly.
- Any discrepancy in the feeding and diaper chart can be caught easily.
- If these charts are maintained online, they can be easily shared among parents, physicians, and babysitters.